Saturday, January 15, 2011

Boring Introduction

but vaguely useful if you want to know what's going on.

So I followed the lead of another blogger (Chapter Two) and decided to create an anonymous persona for blogging purposes.  There's nothing big to hide: I'm not a celebrity; I'm not a public person; I don't have a reputation that would be destroyed if something I said here became public.  Hell, my reputation might actually improve.

But what happened on my other blogs is that I'm a private person, and I keep my internal editor high, and I was squelching a huge amount of things that I wanted to talk about because I didn't want to deal with friends or relatives, as well-meaning as they are, coming back to me about it.  I don't want my liberal friends asking me how I could consider joining the NRA.  I don't want my social-conservative friends giving me shit about why I favor gay marriage.  I don't want my boss to ask me what I was thinking when I complained about an idiotic policy at work.  I don't want my friends sniggering and asking me if I really had sex with an inflatable beach ball last summer.

This blog is about all the things that are part of my life, or that I find interesting, which I wouldn't easily discuss elsewhere.  That may include politics, definitely sex (which is why the content warning is on), and annoyances of everyday life.

Hopefully I'll be amusing doing it.

 P.S.  a quick note to anyone who thinks he may know who I am:  please do us both a favor and keep it to yourself.  If you're right, I'd prefer you leave; but if you're going to stay and read, please keep the secret—you've got an orchestra seat to very personal parts of my life.  If you're wrong, it'll just ruin the fantasy for you.

P.P.S.  (as I type this) my profile photo is Michael Caine from the movie Second Hand Lions.  I chose it because I like the character and the movie: read more into it at your peril because trust me, there is nothing more to it.  I'll be changing it as the mood strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment